Selected Neurofeedback Studies
The complete texts of these and all other studies on this homepage can be found on popular search engines (Pubmed, Medline, etc.) but some require a fee. In most universities and libraries, full access is free for guests.
Attention Deficit-/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD(H)D)
- Aufmerksamkeit und Neurofeedback Dissertation: Thomas Fuchs, 1999.
- ADHS und Neurofeedback Dissertation: Ulrike Leins, 2004
- Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedbacka Dissertation: Nicola Andrea Rumpf, 2006
- Efficacy of neurofeedback treatment in ADHD: the effects on inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity: a meta-analysis.
Authors: Arns M, de Ridder S, Strehl U, Breteler M, Coenen A
Source: Clin EEG Neurosci. 2009 Jul;40(3):180-9.
- Is neurofeedback an efficacious treatment for ADHD? A randomised controlled clinical trial.
Authors: Gevensleben H, Holl B, Albrecht B, Vogel C, Schlamp D, Kratz O, Studer P, Rothenberger A, Moll GH, Heinrich H
Source: J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2009 Jul;50(7):780-9. Epub 2009 Jan 12
- Distinct EEG effects related to neurofeedback training in children with ADHD: a randomized controlled trial.
Authors: Gevensleben H, Holl B, Albrecht B, Schlamp D, Kratz O, Studer P, Wangler S, Rothenberger A, Moll GH, Heinrich H
Source: Int J Psychophysiol. 2009 Nov;74(2):149-57. Epub 2009 Aug 25.
- Neurofeedback for Children with ADHD: A Comparison of SCP and Theta/Beta Protocols.
Authors: Leins U, Goth G, Hinterberger T, Klinger C, Rumpf N, Strehl U
Source: Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2007 Mar 14; [Epub ahead of print]
- Electroencephalographic biofeedback in the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
Authors: Monastra VJ, Lynn S, Linden, Lubar JF, Gruzelier J, LaVaque TJ
Source: Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2005 Jun;30(2):95-114.
- Neurofeedback: an alternative and efficacious treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Authors: Fox DJ, Tharp DF, Fox LC
Source: Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2005 Dec;30(4):365-73. Review.
- Neurofeedback treatment of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Authors: Pop-Jordanova N, Markovska-Simoska S, Zorcec T.
Source: Prilozi. 2005 Aug;26(1):71-80.
- Neurofeedback-Training bei Kindern mit Aufmerksamkeitsdefizit-/ Hyperaktivitätsstörung (ADHS) Holger Gevensleben, Gunther H. Moll und Hartmut Heinrich
- Meta-analysis of EEG biofeedback in treating epilepsy.
Authors: Tan G, Thornby J, Hammond DC, Strehl U, Canady B, Arnemann K, Kaiser DA
Source: Clin EEG Neurosci. 2009 Jul;40(3):173-9.
- Foundation and practice of neurofeedback for the treatment of epilepsy.
Authors: Sterman MB, Egner T.
Source: Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2006 Mar;31(1):21-35. Review.
- Neurofeedback treatment of epilepsy: from basic rationale to practical application.
Authors: Egner T, Sterman MB.
Source: Expert Rev Neurother. 2006 Feb;6(2):247-57.
- Neurofeedback treatment of epilepsy.
Authors: Walker JE, Kozlowski GP
Source: Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2005 Jan;14(1):163-76, viii. Review.
- A Clinical Outcome Study Of Neurofeedback And Biofeedback For Migraine Headache
Authors: Chris Fischer
Source: The Behavioral Medicine Report
- Tinnitus und Neurofeedback Dissertation: Katalin Dohrmann, 2007
- Neurofeedback in therapy of tinnitus
Authors: Gosepath K, Nafe B, Ziegler E, Mann WJ.
Source: HNO. 2001 Jan;49(1):29-35. German.
- Neurofeedback-based EEG alpha and EEG beta training.
Effectiveness in patients with chronically decompensated tinnitus Authors: Schenk S, Lamm K, Gundel H, Ladwig KH.
Source: HNO. 2005 Jan;53(1):29-37. German.
- Neurotherapy for stroke rehabilitation: a single case study. (Beeindruckend!)
Authors: Rozelle GR, Budzynski TH.
Source: Biofeedback Self Regul. 1995 Sep;20(3):211-28.
- Effect of neurofeedback on motor recovery of a patient with brain injury: a case study and its implications for stroke rehabilitation.
Author: Wing K.
Source: Top Stroke Rehabil. 2001 Autumn;8(3):45-53.
- Neurofeedback with anxiety and affective disorders.
Author: Hammond DC.
Source: Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2005 Jan;14(1):105-23, vii. Review.
- On the track with neurofeedback. A new treatment may help with problems from ADD to depression, sleep disorders and epilepsy.
Author: Robbins J.
Source: Newsweek. 2000 Jun 19;135(25):76.
- Alpha-theta brainwave neurofeedback training: an effective treatment for male and female alcoholics with depressive symptoms.
Authors: Saxby E, Peniston EG.
Source: J Clin Psychol. 1995 Sep;51(5):685-93.
More on Neurofeedback
- Vergleich zwischen Neurofeedback und Biofeedback Dissertation: Ali Reza Bakhshayesh, 2007
- Neurofeedback im höheren Lebensalter (engl.) Angelakis et al., 2007
- Neurofeedback und Suchtproblematiken Trudeau, 2008
- Neurofeedback For Dementia Improves Executive Functioning and Memory In A Small Pilot Study (engl.) The Behavioral Medicine Report - 5778
- Neurofeedback For Autistic Spectrum Disorders: Promising Results In A Small Sample (engl.) The Behavioral Medicine Report - 339
- SMR Neurofeeback Improves Sleep and Memory After Only 10 Sessions (engl.) The Behavioral Medicine Report - 1721
- Neurofeedback Significantly Improves Sleep In A Small Group Of Insomniacs (engl.) The Behavioral Medicine Report - 5153
Read more > Empfehlenswerte Neurofeedback Bücher
Mindfield in the media
eSense at MBReviews
The Mindfield eSense is a small sensor which actively measures the temperature of the skin relying on the body reaction to stress (e.g. the muscles contract, therefore narrowing the blood vessels...
The new eSense App
In addition to the new eSense Respiration part we also have overhauled the eSense Pulse part in the app.
We have introduced a score system as well which helps you to keep track of your training progress.
Besides that we included also more videos, music and procedures as download on demand into the app (currently free, soon to be paid as in-app purchases).
The new eSense Respiration is here
Our new eSense Respiration is here!
The Mindfield eSense Respiration is a small sensor to measure your Breath (Amplitude and Frequency) with your smartphone or tablet (Android or Apple iOS).
The Respiration is related to tension and relaxation and is a potential stress indicator. With the eSense Respiration you can measure and effectively reduce your stress level with biofeedback training. The eSens Respiration is extremly suited for beginners becaus Breathing is directly influencable by conscious thought
eSense Skin Response presented in "Mental Toughness for Runners: A Complete Guide"
Michele Ufer: Tells us in his book "Mental Toughness for Runners: A Complete Guide" not only how important our mental toughness is for a runner, but also in which ways we can use different kinds of Biofeedback and Biofeedback-training Highlighted are The Parameters HRV-Biofeedback and the skin conductance or skin resistance. The measurement of the skin conductance is shown with our device eSense Skin Response He emphasizes the usability of such devices, screenshots of the actual app are included, to explain the functionality. The book express his ideas how Boifeedback can help a runner in a practical ready to do way.
eSense Pulse is here
Our new eSense Pulse is here!
The Mindfield eSense Pulse is a small sensor to measure your heart rate variability with your smartphone or tablet (Android or Apple iOS).
The heartbeat is related to tension and relaxation and is a potential stress indicator. With the eSense Pulse you can measure and effectively reduce your stress level with biofeedback training.